Emergency Ultrasound Course
Level 1 Course
Approved by the College of Emergency Medicine
Course Leads: Dr Firas Abou-Auda & Dr Giles Cattermole
The College of Emergency Medicine now recommends that all ED doctors should be competent in Level 1 Emergency Ultrasound by their 4th Year of Specialist Registrar training (equivalent to ST5 year). Level 1 Emergency Ultrasound entails FAST scanning in trauma, abdominal aortic assessment, ultrasound guided vascular access and echo in life support. Our course also covers scanning for pneumothoraces.
Our 1 day Emergency Ultrasound course addresses all of the knowledge and practical skills recommended by the College as necessary to achieve competency in level 1 Emergency Ultrasound. The day includes lectures on the theoretical and practical aspects, use of central venous access simulators, as well as hands on practice at scanning normal, and pathological subjects. Our faculty of ED consultants have extensive experience in using ultrasound in the Emergency Department. Teaching in small groups they will guide you through your scans, offer useful tips on gaining the best image, and advice on maintaining your logbook beyond the course.
To download a sample course programme from a previous course, please click here.
Terms & Conditions
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule and will refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation more than six weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation between two and six weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses’ control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate’s property/personal effects whilst on a course.