The MCEM Part A examination requires a broad knowledge of a number of areas of basic medical science, along with an understanding of how this relates to emergency medicine.
Many candidates have described to us the challenge of knowing where to focus across the broad curriculum published by the College.
In response to this we have provided a full set of MCEM Part A materials online.
These may be particularly valuable to those who would find it difficult to get to one of our courses. However they are also an efficient way for anyone to learn or revise the key subjects.
There are 33 hours of webinars, each recorded live during September to November 2014.
The whole package can be bought for £220, INR 21,000 or AED 1230.
Or individual webinars can be bought for as little as £10. View all available recordings.
You will have access to the webinars as many times as you like until the day after the June 2016 exam.
We also have institutional packages, so if you have a group of trainees preparing for this exam, we have special rates with individual accounts for your trainees. If you would like to know more please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
The structure that we have followed in the webinars is to start with typical Part A questions which we encourage candidates to stop and answer before proceeding. This is then followed by detailed teaching on the relevant part of the curriculum focusing particularly on difficult areas and those areas which we know are popular examination subjects.
Finally, the webinars conclude with a review of the questions shown at the beginning, with answers and explanation.
We have given a great deal of thought to this package and believe that it covers the overwhelming majority of subjects likely to be encountered in the exam, and that it sets out the material in a way that can be readily understood and learnt from.
You may want to try a couple of webinars, book the whole set, or just focus on those areas where you think you have more work to do.
Please also consider registering on this website. This will give you free access to a range of resources including online lectures on MCEM Part A statistics and evidence-based medicine.
Click HERE to see details of our next course including the programme.
Course leads: Dr Mathew Hall, Mr Chet Trivedy
Venue : University of London Union, London
Now in its 10th year, our flagship MCEM Part A course continues to deliver the highest quality in MCEM teaching to doctors wishing to sit the first part of the College of Emergency Medicine Membership examination. With over 20 courses behind them, the course organisers bring an extensive knowledge of the Part A exam to a course packed full of focused exam teaching, tips and practice questions. The course is continually updated and revised to provide the best possible preparation for the demanding MCEM Part A exam.
Our MCEM Part A course runs over two whole days. Each day begins with a full 50 question MCQ practice Part A paper. This is followed by a series of exam focused lectures from our experienced and knowledgeable faculty covering all the important topics: anatomy, the major areas of the physiology curriculum, pharmacology, pathology and haematology. In addition, a series of anatomy MCQ workshops, a lecture on exam and revision tips and a whole session devoted to discussing the most frequently examined MCEM Part A topics, all give invaluable exam preparation. The anatomy teaching with Professor Harold Ellis is also a particular highlight.
A comprehensive course manual - containing copies of all lecture presentations along with additional material - accompanies the course, and all those attending receive online access to videos of lectures from a previous course.
MCEM Part A Course sample programme
Introduction and outline of the programme
Full practice paper I
Marking paper 1
Neuroanatomy & physiology
Exam and revision tips
Full practice paper II
Marking paper II
Anatomy MCQ workshop
Frequently examined topics
Interactive MCQ quiz
Final remarks & feedback
MRCEM Part A course:
Thank you to everyone for helping make our March 2016 Dubai MRCEM and Level 1 Emergency Ultrasound Courses such a great success. We will be returning to Dubai to run more courses in the near future. Information will be made available once we have confirmed dates. To register your interest in attending future courses please email us at email@example.com
The MRCEM Part A exam is a test of the candidate’s knowledge of the basic sciences as applied to Emergency medicine and takes the form of a 50 question MCQ paper. Domains of knowledge examined include anatomy, physiology of all the major systems, pathology, microbiology, pharmacology, haematology and evidence based medicine. Candidates find the MRCEM Part A a difficult examination to prepare for and our revision course focuses in on the key ‘need to know’ information to pass the exam.
Our full 2 day MRCEM Part A course includes:
- Lectures on all the key MRCEM basic sciences topics from our highly experienced faculty, all with years of experience of the teaching MRCEM Part A exam.
- Two full 50 question practice Part A MCQ papers
- Extensive course manual.
- Exam and revision tips: the course will include detailed discussion of all questions, top tips & lectures on the main topics likely to be covered in the exam.
- A highly experienced faculty, with years of experience of the MRCEM Part A exam.
Please click here to view our sample course programme
Emergency Medicine Courses in India
MRCEM Part A Courses 2016
Why take our courses?
Thousands of doctors from many countries have taken our courses both in the UK and India. We are highly respected for delivering the most established and effective training courses available, and we are the largest MRCEM training provider in the UK.
We have run nine courses in India over the last four years, and many doctors have emailed us after the results to say how vital our training was in their success.
We guarantee that our courses will make a massive difference to your revision, showing you exactly where you need to focus, and helping you to use what time you have to maximum effectiveness. If you follow our advice, and put in a reasonable amount of preparation, you will pass the exams.
After a successful trip to Kochi in November 2015 to run our MRCEM Parts A, B & C courses, we plan to run the same courses again in India in November 2016. More details will be put up on the website once details have been confirmed.
If you have any questions about any of our courses or online resources, please feel free to email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on what to expect from our courses.
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule and will refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation more than six weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation between two and six weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses' control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate's property/personal effects whilst on a course.