MCEM Part C Course
Course Leads:Dr Sam Thenabadu, Miss Jane Richmond
The MCEM Part C course is now in its 6th year and continues to gain an excellent reputation, both in the UK and overseas. This is a highly focused exam preparation day which has been developed to give candidates excellent practice in OSCEs, as well as small group teaching. The faculty all have many years experience teaching on these courses and we are proud of the high standards we achieve. More and more we understand the requirements of the MCEM Part C exam and continually update the course to reflect this.
This one day course starts with a morning session rotating through six small group teaching sessions covering important aspects of the more challenging OSCE stations including psychiatry, communication and ALS/ATLS. The afternoon consists of a 10 station OSCE circuit aimed to mimic exam conditions. Individual feedback is given at the end of each station to enable candidates to recognise weaker areas which require further practice. The course includes a folder of written material to take away. Also we are pleased to offer course candidates two weeks free access to our new range of Examination, Procedure and Communication videos that we have produced on our website.
MCEM Part C Course Sample programme
|Resuscitation moulage (ATLS, APLS etc)
|Orthopaedic Examination (knee etc)
|Communication (breaking bad news, difficult referral etc)
|Practical procedures (suturing)
|Physical examination (CVS etc)
|Overview of communication skills with respect to OSCEs
|OSCE round (total of 12 stations)
|Review of moulages
Please find some examples from our Part C course below:
Scenario candidates instructions - Download
Scoresheet - Download
Section of the handout - Download
Terms & Conditions
By booking onto one of our courses, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- All course materials, examination practice papers and videos are the intellectual property of Bromley Emergency Courses. By booking onto a course, or purchasing materials on the website, delegates acknowledge this and agree not to copy or distribute these materials.
- Bromley Emergency Courses reserves the right to make minor alterations to the programme, speakers, or venue of any of our courses.
- Should a course be cancelled for any reason, we shall endeavour to reschedule and will refund the cost of the course in full.
- Delegates making a cancellation more than six weeks before a course will be refunded in full, less a 10% administration fee.
- Delegates making a cancellation between two and six weeks before a course will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- Delegates making a cancellation less than two weeks before a course will not be entitled to a refund.
- If, for any reason, a delegate should not feel happy with the quality of a course, or something should happen during a course, which is outside of Bromley Emergency Courses’ control, that affects the quality of a course, the delegate will not be entitled to a refund.
- Bromley Emergency Courses does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of a delegate’s property/personal effects whilst on a course.